Thanks for your interest in our “Adopt a Shelf” program!
“Adopt a Shelf” is a program at Harvest of Hope Pantry (HOHP) designed to encourage community members to form teams of 12 to help the pantry consistently stock food items needed and enjoyed by clients.
A “Coordinator” forms a team of 12 by recruiting 11 friends, co-workers, book club members, running group friends, etc. to shop, buy and deliver $100 worth of the team’s assigned food item to HOHP during his or her assigned month.
The Coordinator is in charge of:
- Emailing the Harvest of Hope Pantry Director of Operations to find out what food the pantry needs.
- Recruiting a team of 12 (including yourself) to provide the pantry with that food each month for the next 12 months.
- Sending follow-up emails to team members, reminding them when their month is approaching and what their commitment and responsibility is.
- Sending an email to individual team members afterwards, thanking them for their contribution to Harvest of Hope Pantry and to the team.
WHEN TO SHOP OR DONATE
Team members shop, buy and deliver the food any time between the 1st and 15th of their assigned month.
WHERE TO DELIVER
Team members deliver their food to the back door of Harvest of Hope Pantry located at 4830 Pearl Street in Boulder by ringing the doorbell and telling an employee or volunteer they are making an “Adopt a Shelf” delivery.
This is a way for residents of Boulder County, along with their friends or co-workers, to give back to the community by supporting the pantry’s mission of relieving the stress associated with food insecurity and offering hope to the pantry’s clients.
Email “Adopt a Shelf” Coordinator Carolyn Chadwick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Templates for Coordinators to Use to Recruit, Remind and Thank Their Team
Dear [Friends, Co-workers, Book Club Members, etc.],
As some of you know, I am a supporter and volunteer at Harvest of Hope Pantry in Boulder.
A quick overview of Harvest of Hope:
- The organization’s sole mission is food assistance — not clothes or coats or furniture or anything else. Just food.
- It’s the only food pantry in Boulder that serves everyone who shows up at its door.
- They seek to offer a sense of hope to families and individuals by relieving the stress associated with food insecurity.
I’m reaching out to you today because I’m forming an “Adopt a Shelf” team at the pantry and am hoping you will join me!
Harvest of Hope says there is an ongoing need for [food type assigned to your “Adopt a Shelf” team by Harvest of Hope].
Here’s how our “Adopt a Shelf” effort will work:
- You’ll commit to being part of our team of 12 for one month out of the coming 12 months.
- I’ll send you a reminder email as your month is approaching.
- Between the 1st and 15th of your assigned month, you commit to buying $100 worth of [food type assigned to your “Adopt a Shelf” team by Harvest of Hope] or donating $100 to the pantry.
- By the 15th of that month, you’ll deliver the food to the pantry’s back door located at 4830 Pearl Street in Boulder or make a $100 donation to Harvest of Hope Pantry at hopepantry.org/donate
I am a big believer in what Harvest of Hope is doing. They have a fantastic team in place that is dedicated to providing food to families on a limited income, as well as to individuals who are homeless.
Thank you very much for considering joining our “Adopt a Shelf” team!
P.S. If you are interested in joining my “Adopt a Shelf” team for one year, please reply back by [deadline here]. And if you have a preferred month, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you. Thank you!
Dear [Team member’s name here],
Thank you so much for agreeing to join my “Adopt a Shelf” team at Harvest of Hope Pantry. As you may remember, you are our [Month] team member.
Please buy $100 worth of [insert your team’s assigned food item here] and deliver it between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to the back door of the food pantry at 4830 Pearl Street in Boulder. Please ring the doorbell and tell whomever answers the door you are part of an “Adopt a Shelf” team and are making our [Month] delivery.
Please drop off the food any time between now and [insert deadline].
Or simply make a $100 donation to Harvest of Hope Pantry by [insert deadline] at hopepantry.org/donate
If there’s anything I haven’t explained clearly, or if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Thank you so much again!
THANK YOU EMAIL
Dear [Team member’s name here],
A huge thank you for being part of our “Adopt a Shelf” team and for supporting Harvest of Hope Pantry! I so appreciate your assistance in helping feed our neighbors in need.
Please know your generosity makes a real and tangible difference in the lives of our fellow community members. Clients are enormously grateful for the supplemental food, and the sense of care and hope it provides.
Your support of Harvest of Hope Pantry and our “Adopt a Shelf” team means so much to me and our community.
With gratitude and appreciation,